lichess.org
Donate

Premoves are too OP

At the end of this game, I made like 4 moves with 0.35 seconds left on the clock
while my opponent had 3 seconds left.

My premoves used 0 time, and I was able to make 4 moves, but isn't that kinda op?????

nerf
Since everyone can make premoves, this is not OP.
I literally just said this in yet ANOTHER thread about the same thing.
but here.
If you have an advantage, but your opponent has the same advantage, then it is fair.
If you have a disadvantage, but your opponent has the same disadvantage, then it is fair.
Saying that the pre-moves are unfair is like saying while playing football (soccer for Americans) "IT'S NOT FAIR!!!!!! ONLY THE GOALKEEPER ON MY TEAM CAN USE HIS/HER HANDS WHILE THE BALL IS IN PLAY!!!!! THIS GAME IS SO BAD THAT ONLY 1 OUT OF 11 PLAYERS ON MY TEAM CAN USE THEIR HANDS!!! I QUIT!!"
It's just stupid, dude.
I wouldn't say it's OP as you can only make 1 premove at a time. What would probably be OP is being able to make multiple premoves and still not losing any time on the clock. (On Chess.com you can make multiple premoves but I believe you lose 0.1 seconds each time).
Here OP means 'overpowered'
It's origin lies in the world of gaming
but

you need a mouse to premove effectively

so the people playing on the app have a disadvantage

i play on the app all the time, and i get premoved on by some people with gaming mice and lose when i had like
6 seconds left in the game, and they had 0.5

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.